- This event has passed.
APG Proving It! Demonstration Day
May 20 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for APG’s Proving It Demonstration Day! Enter our gates to learn more about the extraordinary missions we prove every day through hands-on exhibits and demonstrations in our Exploration Zone to include a performance from our U.S. Army Drill Team (Old Guard), Army Aerial demonstration, and much more. We’ll also feature a ticketed Live Fire Show to witness up-close APG’s testing capabilities for the Warfighter. Food Trucks will be on site.
PROVING IT! DEMONSTRATION DAY EVENTS:
EXPLORATION ZONE: Will be home to our organization displays and premiere shows including the Old Guard Drill Team and Army Air demonstration.
11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. – Exploration Zone Open
12:00 p.m. – Army Aerial Demonstration
1:00 p.m. – US Army Drill Team Performance
3:00 p.m. – Live Fire Demonstration (ticket holders only)
LIVE FIRE DEMONSTRATION:
The U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center is going to knock your socks off with its first in nearly 6 years. Demonstrations will include: Grenade Launchers * the M134 Mini Gun * Bradley Fighting Vehicle * M1 Abrams Tank, and much more! This will be a ticketed event due to security and safety precautions, so stay tuned on our social media pages for information about claiming one.
LIVE STREAM FIRE DEMONSTRATION:
For those unable to acquire tickets, we will be live streaming the demonstration to the APG Facebook page for a virtual view of the show!
For NON-CAC Holders:
The CAC, a “smart” card about the size of a credit card, is the standard identification for active duty uniformed Service personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. It is also the principal card used to enable physical access to buildings and controlled spaces, and it provides access to DoD computer network and systems.
- We encourage non-CAC holders to use Maryland Boulevard (Route 715) Gate for entry to Aberdeen Proving Ground, which will has additional lanes for entry for those without a CAC ID.
- Entry to the installation requires a valid driver’s license for ALL drivers of vehicles and valid photo ID for ALL passengers 18 years of age or older in the vehicle.
- Drivers’ licenses will be scanned by the APG police.
- A valid photo ID includes any state or federal ID with picture, to include passports.
- All persons and their possessions, to include vehicles, are subject to inspection by the Aberdeen Proving Ground Police Department.
- After entering the installation, follow signage to parking areas.
- All DoD ID card holders may use either access control point via the Maryland Boulevard (Route 715) Gate or the Harford Boulevard (MD 22) Gate.
- Please have valid photo ID ready for any passengers over the age of 18 in your vehicle ready for check upon entry.
APG Driver safety requirements:
- A hands-free device must be used when talking on a cellular phone while driving.
- Texting is not permitted while driving.
- All occupants must wear seat belts regardless of position in vehicle.
- Full headlights are required when driving in rain, at dusk or in fog.
Only disabled tagged or placarded vehicles will be allowed in designated parking areas. Accessible parking for those in need can be found near the Exploration Zone. Follow signage and be ready to have your disabled tag or placard visible for APG Police. For those utilizing GPS directions, please input 6876 Colleran Rd, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005 and follow signage. Please see the event map for Accessible Parking location.
Follow signage to parking in the general parking lot located at 6001 Surveillance Loop, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005. This address can be used for GPS directions or you can search “APG Demo Day General Parking” within your GPS application for directions.
Shuttle services will be provided for those attending APG’s Proving It Demo Day. Look for one of the three shuttle stops in the general lot. Our volunteers will assist you with entering your shuttle to the event area. Shuttles will run approximately every 5 minutes beginning at 10:45 a.m. The final shuttle from the Exploration Zone will be at 4:15 p.m.
*Please note: Strollers, backpacks, and coolers will not be allowed on the shuttles as they are not permitted within the event.
- Ticket to the Live Fire Demonstration – no ticket, no entry, no exceptions!
- Clear bags only – All bags are subject to inspection.
- Cameras without bags are allowed.
- Packaged snacks and water bottle or other non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles, no bigger than 32 oz., can be brought onto the installation.
- Money holders/Wallets.
- Additional ear protection, although foam earplugs will be provided at the live fire event.
- Closed-toe, walking shoes.
- A positive attitude!
- NO purses or backpacks (unless clear), strollers, camera bags, seat cushions, chairs, or similar items.
- NO weapons of any kind are permitted (including but not limited to pocketknives, chemical mace, tasers, etc.).
- NO firearms.
- NO alcohol inside the installation.
- NO MARIJUANA/OTHER FEDERALLY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES are allowed on APG. While some substances may be legal at the state level, APG is a federal installation and follows federal law.
- NO animals – Only service animals are allowed. All other animals are prohibited.
*If weather is determined to be unsafe. APG leaders will make a weather call by the evening of Thursday, May 18.