- This event has passed.
Howard County Veterans Day Parade & Celebration
November 12 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
HoCo Veterans Day Parade & Celebration Merriweather District Colombia, MD
Join us in November for the 9th annual Howard County Veterans Day Parade & Celebration.
Each year, this event is an opportunity to celebrate our county’s Veterans and honor their profound dedication and service to our country. Similarly, important is building respect and recognition for the more than 20,0000 local Veterans and their families.
- Parade: 9:30am
- Parade Route: Start at Merriweather District, head down Merriweather Drive and onto Little Patuxent Parkway, end at Downtown Columbia Lakefront
- Ceremony: Immediately following the parade at Downtown Columbia Lakefront
- Parking: FREE at the Columbia Mall.
BAILEY’S BUNDLES ITEM DONATION
During this year’s Howard County Veterans Day Parade & Celebration, the Columbia Association and POST 156 are collaborating with Bailey’s Bundles to collect donated items for care packages to be sent overseas to deployed troops. These care packages continue the legacy of Vivian “Millie” Bailey, who served as a first lieutenant in the Women’s Army Corps during World War 2 and was a longtime champion of Veterans in the Howard County community.
Help fill boxes that will be sent to American service men and women across the globe. Donation drop boxes will be stationed at the Lakefront prior to the celebration.
Donations should be small, portable and individually wrapped for ease of distribution.
- Kind Bars
- Protein bars, granola bars or nut bars
- Beef jerky or Slim Jims
- Pringles (small snack size containers)
- Trail mix, peanuts, mixed nuts, etc.
- Cheez-its, cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Tuna Lunches to Go
- Individual Drink mix packets (i.e. – Crystal Light, Mio, Gatorade, Propel)
- Word puzzles, crossword puzzles, Sudoku
MEET THE 2023 GRAND MARSHAL: EDWARD HALL
The Howard County Veterans Foundation with the Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony Planning Committee named Edward A. Hall grand marshal of the 2023 Howard County Veterans Day Parade.
Hall retired as a lieutenant colonel after 24 years of service with the U.S. Marine Corps. His career with the Marines included service as an infantry officer and rifle platoon leader, commanding officer of a naval security group and head of electronic intelligence support and commercial mobile radio service operations for the Fleet Marine Force Atlantic Command. Read More….