- This event has passed.
POLAR EXPRESS TRAIN RIDE
December 1, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Climb aboard The Polar Express to create a Christmas memory that you and your family will cherish forever! Come in your pajamas as a family to watch the live performance of The Polar Express.
Meet Santa | Children receive a Silver Bell | Hot Cocoa | Dancing Chefs | Cookie | Sing-a-long Carols | Souvenirs
Once on the train, the classic Christmas tale will be performed and little ones will have the opportunity to meet Santa and receive their first gift of Christmas! Santa’s helpers will greet you upon arrival to the North Pole, where you can take pictures with Santa and have lots of holiday fun.
Candy Cane Café & S’mores Corner
Food and beverages available at our holiday Candy Cane Café located in the North Pole. Purchase a S’mores Kit at the café and make your own holiday treat over fire pits in the S’mores Corner! Light refreshments available at the Candy Cane Concessions in the Welcome Depot prior to the show intro.
Concessions not permitted during show intro and train ride. Candy Cane Café will remain open in the North Pole until 15 minutes before the Museum closes.
The B&O has developed an extensive list of resources for our Neurodivergent visitors to make the experience more predictable and comfortable.
RESOURCES TO HELP PREPARE FOR YOUR VISIT:
ON-SITE RESOURCES AT THE EVENT:
- Take Home Sensory Kits: Sensory kits will include various stimming objects, a sensory map, visual schedule cards, and earplugs. Kits can be picked up at Admissions during check-in or in the Roundhouse.
- Headphone Check-out: Full size headphones will be available for check-out at Admissions. Headphones should be returned to Admissions prior to exiting the North Car Shop.
- Sensory Station: A large tent will be set up in the Roundhouse to act as a quiet room. The Sensory Station will feature dim lighting, stimming furniture, soft landings, and be a Character Free Zone.
For questions regarding event accessibility or accommodations please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan Your Visit
Check out the event map below to plan your visit! Event Map
Please arrive at the time on your ticket. NO Early entry.
- Parking: FREE parking is available at the B&O back parking lot at 1100 James Street (entrance is on Arlington Street). Please enter this event through the North Car Shop off of Arlington Street, not the main Museum entrance at 901 W. Pratt Street. Parking Directions
- Zone 1: Welcome Depot — Join us in the Welcome Depot at the time listed on your ticket. Enjoy some pre-show concessions at the Candy Cane Concessions, holiday crafts, a dance floor and get excited about hopping on the Polar Express!
- Zone 2: Show Intro — Meet the Hero Boy and the Conductor from the classic tale.
- Zone 3: Train Ride Experience — Board the Polar Express for the North Pole! The Train Ride Experience includes dancing chefs, hot chocolate and cookies, a reading of the story, and a very special visit from Santa.
- Zone 4: North Pole — Enjoy the North Pole at your leisure, including photos with Santa, holiday crafts, s’mores, model train layouts, museum exhibits and more!